CAROL’S FIRST LIFE EXPERIENCE IN NORWAY


CAROL’S FIRST LIFE EXPERIENCE IN NORWAY


One of the things that I had never dreamt of !!!

HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT??

WELCOME TO MY BLOG AND READ ABOUT HOW MY EXPERIENCE IS SO FAR IN NORWAY.

In this blog i will share with your how i came to Norway and my experience at Hald Internasjonale Senter.

It all started with my life of working in CBS Central broadcasting Service Ltd.
As young graduate desperately about where I will be working despite of the Uganda’s job Market. I finished my studies in May 2017. I Was connected to CBS to work as an intern in Managing Directors’ office for 3 months, due to my hard work, love and determination I was retained and continued with my work for about a year. Just as any other organisation with different departments, CBS has a (CSR) Corporate social responsibility department called CBS PEWOSA (Project to Empower Women through Saving and Loans Association) I found myself interested about the work they were doing in the local communities though I had no way to this department before.

The morning I was called in Human resource’s office where I found the Projects Manager discussing about me, and I was asked if I could be interested in the Project work. My reply was Yes though inside myself I was a bit anxious because I hadn’t been in the field during community work. It was that moment when they told me I would l be the next volunteer participant to the Act Now Program. This of the youth exchange Program organised by Stromme Foundation and Norec together with its partners organisations, CBS being one of them to empower young youth in different skills such as leadership, cultural understanding. From that moment was extremely excited and I started dreaming about by myself in Norway.

LIFE IN HALD INTERNASJONALE SENTRE

Hald is a school/senter that is for Cross Cultural Understanding and international work where young youth from Africa, Asia, South America and Norwegians of different programs that is Act Now, Connect, and Interact. It is owned by three Norwegian based organisations namely; Stromme Stiftlen, Laget and Norwegian Mission Society (NMS).

My life in Hald was not good in the beginning because everything was new of getting used to the Norwegian food which was bread most, learning Norwegian language which was a bit hard, sometimes I would feel lonely and home sick but later the different activities, we had such as discussions with fellow participants, meeting new people across different countries, team works, different trips within Norway never the less youth Camp and blue trip made me forget all the worries I had.I cannot best describe Hald,it is not only a school but also a home away from home where your feel at home because of the people around you, games to play name it. I am blessed to have so many great things in my life, God and Hald Family. All will be in my daily thoughts.
ONE OF HALD CLASSES ABOUT TEAMWORK



One of the games played at Hald Internasjonale Senter Volley ball which was one of my Favourites 




FELLOW ACT NOW PARTICIPANTS AFTER THE FIRST VISIT OF STROMME OFFICES IN KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY.




MY INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE IN HAUGESUND AT BARN ER BRA


During internship i was representing  Stromme Stiftlen in Haugesund at Barn er Bra festival and one of the them was , making bracelets, crowns and entertainment of children that is being the centre of attraction for young children among others. This is a way of appreciating children in one way of another. 



CAROLLINE BEING THE SHEEP AT BARN ER BRA FESTIVAL

I cannot tell you all but I hope you don’t miss a chance to know about my other experiences in this fascinating country.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTMAS IN NORWAY

Plastic Bottle collection in Norway

ARTICLE ON EDUCATION CAREER FAIR