Get inspired with Krik


Get inspired by Krik
Aspiring to fit into the Norwegian Culture one of them is joining sports activities as the best way to connect and make friends.
I got a chance to be a member of Krik because i love and enjoy playing Volley ball. I was inspired by one of my Contact Family who is a student and the University of Agder in Kristiansand, Norway who encouraged me to join Krik once a week. I got to meet new friends but It is such an inspiration for me especially during the dark season around November where most people get depressed easily. It also keeps one body lively and Sound.


What is Krik?
KRIK is Kristen Idrettskontakt/in simple terms it is Christian Sports Contact is youth organization who want to create awareness, inspire and win people to Christian life through sports activities with a strong focus on fellowship. KRIK is Norway´s largest Christian meeting place for young people who like sports.  In Norway, KRIK has about 15 000 members, 300 local branches and has about 6000 youngsters at Christian sports camps each year. To my surprise Krik works with about 20 000 participants and leaders in East Africa which am yet to find out when I return to my home Country.
Krik does not only have Volleyball, it has different kinds of sports such as Climbing, Basketball, Football, swimming,Spike ball, Snow games among others depending on the area.
During my December vacation I happen to be paid by Hald Internasjonale Senter to participate in Krik Explore which took place from 28th to 1st of Jan 2020. This is a camp for young people between ages 15 and 20 from different parts of Norway meet for the same purposes Sports, worshipping and other entertainments. At this Most interesting things on this Camp is there was always small group meetings in the evening where you meet new different young people and get to know more about each other. 

The best adventurous moment is on the New years eve where we had to move up the hill for about 45 minutes to watch fireworks clearly from the cities around Lillehammer in Oslo,with slippery roads having too much snow since it was winter Season. I had to grab myself a sliding partner who would save me the burden of falling all the times while climbing and going down those hills because my shoe couldn't support me at all on the ground

It was indeed an ultimate place to end my year 2019 and enter in a new year 2020 with Krik Explore.


The Tremendous dinner held by Kirk Explore at New Year's Eve 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTMAS IN NORWAY

Plastic Bottle collection in Norway

ARTICLE ON EDUCATION CAREER FAIR