My volunteering Opportunity


What keeps Volunteers engaged? Find out along from;


My volunteering opportunity 

Volunteering in Norway is been of the amazing work I have ever experienced that has exposed me and and has changed my perspective on how i see to different things in terms of culture, work among others. Given the opportunity by Stromme Foundation and CBS PEWOSA in its Youth exchange programme to empower young youth with skills, intercultural understanding, and international work.

I have been volunteering at Tangen Videregående Skole for the past 6 months in one of high school in Norway. Since the Education system in Norway is different from my home country Uganda. In this way students take up different Vocational such as building and construction, design and craft Manship, Media and communication, Art, design and Architecture, hair dressing, Restaurant and food subjects among others.
At this school students learn by doing.I happen to be attending Restaurant and food department i got so inspired on how  they are doing things practically as they if they are in the real working environment other than theory work.

I have been inspired, believe and i hope sharing my story will inspire others to volunteer, I know how important it is to find your place in the world. I have found mine as a future employer through job creation. Volunteering can be hard at times, especially in a new place with different culture, language among others but it’s worth it when you stay positive and with time you come used. I have made new friendships, learned new skills, developed my self-esteem and ready to give back to my community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTMAS IN NORWAY

Plastic Bottle collection in Norway

ARTICLE ON EDUCATION CAREER FAIR